Rail Train in Portland ME

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

A welded rail train made its way slowly through N. Portland yesterday, tying up crossings and ticking off a lot of motorists. I suspect they were laying out rail north of Forest Avenue, where there is still jointed track. A few days ago, PAR 1-2, the F units Pan Am has, came and went through town with the Governor of Maine on board. Two cars, like a pocket passenger train. Very sweet to see! I work next to the Guilford line where it crosses Forest, and usually we get 1-2 heavy trains a day, plus the switcher that runs out toward Read St. But lately there's been no daylight traffic except the switcher, which makes me think there are work windows for the rail relay as part of extending the DownEaster to Brunswick. Anyone have more specifics?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com