Playing in the Dark

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Out in western Kansas there are some reminents of days gone by. Signals standing dark, no trains, no electricity. I've wanted to model these signals so I took some measurements and the played a little. I unbolted the cover on the back of the signal to put a flashlight in it. Moon was up and the stars were bright. If there was just a Missouri Pacific 4-8-4 coming it would have been perfect. TZ

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
Where did you find those Tom? Is that along the KYLE? Really cool photographs though. I really like the second one. Thanks for sharing.

if you are in western kansas, the UP 844 is steaming along the KP from KC to Salina to Denver to Cheyenne in the next few days. I'm getting a few shots in Manhattan.

UP Salina Sub

Railfanius Extremus
Sad that lines like that don't get used anymore :(
Yes, I used to go watch,and chase trains on the MP Pueblo line, as it was only a 16 mile drive from My house. I have a lot of pics of Rio Grande, SP/SSW power and some other stuff from those days. I need to go get some pics of the part that has been long since pulled up

I would like to see pictures from the Pueblo line. I only have a half a dozen or so of MOP trains and some of the SP. There are some picturesque places on that line alot of up and down and curves.

UP Salina Sub

Railfanius Extremus
I would like to see pictures from the Pueblo line. I only have a half a dozen or so of MOP trains and some of the SP. There are some picturesque places on that line alot of up and down and curves.
I found some I took on the line between Herington Ks and Elmo Ks, I frequented that area a lot in those days. I need to take and have them scanned and put onto CD's

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com