Oregon

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Guys, My wife and I are looking for opinions on photo opportunities (trains of course) between Crater Lake and Portland, and also between Crater Lake and Bend. Crater Lake to Bend is the most likely route but we are still hopeful that we can work out Portland. As we all know, it's all about money!

Our first leg will be from Weed, CA to Crater Lake and after that we're "up in the air" for which route we'll take.
Opinions?
Thanks. Bob

Don't overlook the Amtrak depot at Vancouver WA, just across the Interstate Bridge (I-5) from Portland. The depot (west end of 11th Street) sits within the wye; you get great views of everything coming across the Columbia River swing bridge, whether it goes north to the Vancouver Yard and on to Seattle, or east on the old SP&S line along the north bank of the Columbia.

Don't overlook the Amtrak depot at Vancouver WA, just across the Interstate Bridge (I-5) from Portland. The depot (west end of 11th Street) sits within the wye; you get great views of everything coming across the Columbia River swing bridge, whether it goes north to the Vancouver Yard and on to Seattle, or east on the old SP&S line along the north bank of the Columbia.

Also, Beverlyhelper mentioned Grass Lake along hwy-97 near Lake Shastina a few months ago. We hope to try that if a regular car can get along those dirt roads that was mentioned.
Bob

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com