New Signals in Salem

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
In February of 2011 I stayed in Springfield for a couple of days and there were about 10 UP MofW trucks parked around the hotel. I was told by a UP employee that they were upgrading the signals to comply with new regulations. Needless to say I took a lot of pictures of the old signals.
The old and the new.

Good photos Keith and John. I was able to obtain a couple of US&S H2 searchlight signals earlier this year from the ATSF line out of Holiday, KS.

pedrop

A Railfan in Brazil
Great! I passed by Salem last July while ridding Amtrak on way to Portland. I took a pic of the station while the train was stopped there. It looks a good place for photos.

I like the old signals. But I understand progress. A couple of years ago I built a 1/5 scale model of the double signal at Chalco Ne, And I talked for a while with a signal maintainer at Stafford KS. He showed me all the inner working of the searchlight signal, but I never tried to build the light section.
Setxrailfan: I am jealous you have an H2. Sometime if you could take pictures and maybe get some dimensions of the inner workings I would like to try and build one.
Here is a picture of the signal I built standing next to the prototype and one of it just standing.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.