Need Help On a UP Coal Train Symbol

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
R

rwhitenight

Today I spotted a westbound empty UP coal train in Arlington, Texas, on the UP Dallas Subdivision. The lead engine was UP 6769, and I later learned that the symbol for this train was CSFSM2-09. Obviously the C stands for coal, SF is the unknown origin I'm looking for, and SM stands for Somerset, CO. Would appreciate any assistance in this request. You can reach me directly at my e-mail of rwhitenight2004@gmail.com. TIA.

Richard Whitenight
Arlington, Texas

cotton_belt

Johnny Lunchmeat
Today I spotted a westbound empty UP coal train in Arlington, Texas, on the UP Dallas Subdivision. The lead engine was UP 6769, and I later learned that the symbol for this train was CSFSM2-09. Obviously the C stands for coal, SF is the unknown origin I'm looking for, and SM stands for Somerset, CO. Would appreciate any assistance in this request. You can reach me directly at my e-mail of rwhitenight2004@gmail.com. TIA.

Richard Whitenight
Arlington, Texas
These were empty coal cars that was stored at Suffolk, TX. I remember when the empty train ran down there a few months ago. They have been re-activated and are heading up to Colorado for revenue service.

SF = Suffolk, TX.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.