N.P. Dining Car for sale, WA

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

weekendrailroader

Guy with the green hat
The other one

Is this the car that had all of the writing on it (Minetta's Diner, Shakes, Malts, Steaks, etc.)? or was it the yellow one next to it?

Last edited by a moderator:

weekendrailroader

Guy with the green hat
The yellow and red (and very rusty) one was the Harriman car. I always thought it was still up at the old diner site. The NP car (white & black/grey) on Ebay was moved to Tacoma from Easton to be restored.

May 2005

Here are four shots from 2005. The last time I stopped by Easton (May 2010) I noticed the car in front was gone. This must be the NP car that was moved. I found the writing on this car to be very nostalgic!

Just imagine pulling off the highway for a stack of hotcakes, a bowl of chili, a burger or just a "malt." Those were the days!

Ted

Stopped there once in '78 for a cup of coffee. The place was a dump to the point that I decided to eat in Cle Elum.

Is the Harriman car still in Easton? I know it was the last time we went through town, last year, I think......

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
Where in the Tacoma area is this car, anyway?

I know it’s off topic, but does anyone know where the Harriman car end came from that is being used as part of the diner in Oakville? I live just a few miles away from it and have seen it hundreds of times, but have never been inside the building. I always wondered how it got there and why it’s just the end of the car.

Tuscor

Don't be Ignorant
Is the Harriman car still in Easton? I know it was the last time we went through town, last year, I think......
Yes it is still at Easton. Stopped by this past Saturday (12-18-10) while driving to Cle Elum and got this photo of it.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.