MKT Business Car "400" Photos Wanted

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

css_dispatcher

Ex. Train Dispatcher
Hey Forum!

I'm looking for pictures of MKT Business Car "400". I've located all of the pictures online as well as ones from the Katy Historical Society.

Thanks!
Bryan

Glen

Where is it now?

Back in the late '60s I photographed two MKT office cars at the platform of Dallas Union Station -- not far from MKT's headquarters. I would have a very hard time finding the pictures now (I'll try when I have an opportunity), but I wonder if one was the 400? Where is it now? Seems like at least one of them ended up at the Georgetown (Texas) Railroad.

I took a few of the 403 much more recently when it was in Denver for ski train use.

Glen

css_dispatcher

Ex. Train Dispatcher
Back in the late '60s I photographed two MKT office cars at the platform of Dallas Union Station -- not far from MKT's headquarters. I would have a very hard time finding the pictures now (I'll try when I have an opportunity), but I wonder if one was the 400? Where is it now? Seems like at least one of them ended up at the Georgetown (Texas) Railroad.

I took a few of the 403 much more recently when it was in Denver for ski train use.

Glen
Good Evening Glen,

Thanks for the help. Late 60's is perfect. The car went through a rebuild at some point. The post-rebuild 400 is what I am researching. The major spotting feature is the roller bearing trucks. Rumor has it, the cars still are on the Georgetown Railroad. The 403 is an amazing car. I was fortunate to tour the car when it was with 261 heading for Steamtown's grand opening way back when.

Thanks Again,
Bryan

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.