Minot Radio

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

I finally gave in an ordered a radio. I been searching for a while and haven't been able to find any of the frequencies on the net. For BNSF and CP lines/yards. I live in Minot also so if you are planning on passing through and have any questions let me know!

pedrop

A Railfan in Brazil
I finally gave in an ordered a radio. I been searching for a while and haven't been able to find any of the frequencies on the net. For BNSF and CP lines/yards. I live in Minot also so if you are planning on passing through and have any questions let me know!
Minot are in my plans to my visit to US next year. I intend to run the Empire Builder from Chicago to Glacier Park and stop one or two days in Minot to visit the Air Museum and the Air Base, if possible. What about the trains there? Are there good spot locations?

Pedro:)

CalMurray

CP/CN Praire Divison Fan
Hey I live in Redvers Saskatchewan just north of the Cariveale Border. I have railfanned many times in Minot and I have yet to bring my scanner down south with me so if you happen to find out the frequencies please let me know thanks.

Minot are in my plans to my visit to US next year. I intend to run the Empire Builder from Chicago to Glacier Park and stop one or two days in Minot to visit the Air Museum and the Air Base, if possible. What about the trains there? Are there good spot locations?

Pedro:)
There is a lot of good locations for pictures around here. If you sit at the amtrack station for a about an hour you will see a few trains running by on both BNSF and CP lines. There is two small CP yards. One on valley street and one that I think used to be a BNSF yard located on railroad ave. The cp trains have to run next to the bnsf line to shuffle cars over there so it is different watching both locomotives next to each other, this is a nice walkbridge over that yard and another right over the BNSF office next to amtrack. East of town about a mile there is gavin yard. Decent sized yard and usually when I drive by there they have engines lined up on the north side of the yard so they are all viewable from the highway. A few miles west of town is the trestle, great photo ops there. The farther you go west of here the more hills there is so just more and more great photos I'm sure....

Photo stolen from Hoopy2342 on flickr

CPs Portal Sub runs from Harvey to Portal at the border. Frequencies should be161.370 and 161.520. The website mentioned above has the BN frequencies.

One thing you can do in a new area is to set your radio to scan the full range of all 96 of the AAR channels. You should pick up all traffic in the area and it won't take you long to figure out what the active frequencies are. Lowest AAR channel is 159,810 (02); highest is 161.565 (97). Set the scanner to pick up everything in between and you should have it...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com