Majestic Imperator

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
Wow, that's one classy train. I'm especially impressed by the paint scheme! It's obviously that the side of the car is pretty dusty in the third shot, yet you can still see your reflection clearly.

thomcro, You have a very first class train,with very well appointed decor,when they design train these days here,they use lots of fiberglass and neon lights,a good example would be,Amtraks View liner sleeper cars they are litorally fiberglass showerstalls with wheels and windows,nothing even comes close to the your train,with respect to asthetics and feel.I think when people design trains today they should ride your train or a heavywheight Pullman of the 1920"s,they they''ll get a taste for what a beutiful thing a train can be both inside and out.

ronik24

Proud Earthling
Hi,

I hope everyone is aware that this is a nostalgic charter train, not a regular passenger. In fact, these are middle-aged express coaches refurbished to resemble the Austro-Hungarian imperial pullman train from around 1910. Of course mainly aimed at tourists coming to Austria because of its imperial heritage. It usually runs once weekly on summer evenings as the "Imperial dinner train" from Vienna to a destination nearby and back with a menu served on board. But a few times a year it is also used for other charters and specials.

http://www.imperialtrain.com/MAJESTIC_IMPERATOR/e_index.php

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.