Lunch Goodies - Old UP lettering, Covered CN, CNW

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
The first one was from earlier this week and the other two from today-
1) UP GP with old style nose lettering, well the union is gone, but pacific is still there.
2) CN covered wagon at the UP yard getting ready to be put on a train. Taken from the street.
3) xCNW Operation Lifesaver on an empty soda ash train leaving the KCS tracks. Nothing like a little steam in the photo.
4) xCNW passing downtown Beaumont.

sunktankahemani

Ferroequinoarchaeologist
The first one was from earlier this week and the other two from today-
1) UP GP with old style nose lettering, well the union is gone, but pacific is still there.
I remember when that unit was renumbered at Hinkle. It was renumbered from #2050 during a triennial inspection. We spray-painted out the numbers on the long hood and the nose and applied the Scotchlite decals (#550) on the cab, but left the "Union Pacific" on the short hood. It must have picked up the shield at some other shop/inspection down the line.

#2- It's been quite a while since I last saw anything worth while to pull the camera out on the caboose track. I would get it out for #1 too!

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
sunktankahemani - thanks for the background info.
Ruckus - I heard about one or two around the system, but I didn't think that I'd actually see one down here. I was going to pass this train up but I thought what the heck....
Mark - yep, not too much of anything on those tracks anymore!
grizz1213 - good catch on the CN 5548. The area that I shot the CNW op lifesaver didn't offer me too many opportunities to get a good shot with traffic and all.

sunktankahemani - thanks for the background info.
Ruckus - I heard about one or two around the system, but I didn't think that I'd actually see one down here. I was going to pass this train up but I thought what the heck....
Mark - yep, not too much of anything on those tracks anymore!
grizz1213 - good catch on the CN 5548. The area that I shot the CNW op lifesaver didn't offer me too many opportunities to get a good shot with traffic and all.
thanks, sometimes scenery makes the pic even better:cool:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com