Lousy scenery...but, oh, the VARIETY!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

kenw

5th Generation Texian
Rosenberg is a favorite spot for me. OK, maybe THE favorite.... Like that was a surprise to any of y'all....But it's only a few minutes from work and even if I can't stretch the lunch I can almost be guaranteed some kind of action. As an example, Friday Feb 12. Yesterday. I took some work with me so I could rationalize staying a bit longer. And it was worth it!

KSC de Mexico was stopped at the interchange when I arrived and I decided to wait for them to come thru. And since they were waiting, they were waiting for SOMEONE.....

Soon, horns sounding to the west told me that someone was coming thru on UP. Since KCS horns sound a lot different and BNSF will approach from the north, it has to be UP. Right?

OK, technically, it's UP.....:rolleyes:

kenw

5th Generation Texian
No sooner does The Patch pull thru, horns to the north tell me BNSF will cross over before KCS gets released. Note the NS Dash 8 in the 2nd slot. I decided that with the heavy overcast I might try things from the "wrong" side of the tracks for awhile.

kenw

5th Generation Texian
Well, horns in the EAST tell me KCS is gonna wait a bit longer....not sure if it's on UP or BNSF tracks, but as soon as the UP signals go red I know. And its a pair of SD60M Cyclops with a SD40-2.

Relic Rail days....:eek:

kenw

5th Generation Texian
OK, I've gotten some real work done and KCS is still sitting at the interchange when finally I hear that unique horn that tells me my extended lunch is going to be coming to an end soon. Better make it good.....

OK, so they give me KCS deMexico and consecutive #s to boot: 4650 and 4651. Sweet. After they pass, I chase them back to work and get ahead of them as they pass over Texas 99.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com