Leaking caboose roof

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

We have a mopac caboose and want to begin renovations and first on list is there are a few leaks in the roof. Would love suggestions and hints on best route to take for the repairs. Thank you.

I would find the leak, and stop it, by whatever means you have available, ASAP. The longer a leak continues,t he more damage will be done. Once it isn't leaking any more, then y'all can determine the best permanent repair.
If I was trying to save it, I'd go to my6 local hardware store, and get some self-leveling lap sealant, clean the leaking area, and apply the sealant.
After that, I'd survey the roof, and the damage so far, to determine repair options. If it's a steel roof, you can patch it with no real trouble. If it's a wood roof, it will be more like fixing a roof on a house.
But the most important thing is to stop the leak, before it causes further damage.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com