Last Weekend In January Rochelle,IL

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Gary38

Last weekend in January was so so Saturday was kind of slow but Sunday was real busy. Not a lot of foreign power just a CSX unit and detouring AMTRAK with UP 2002 leading and a few warbonnets. here is a lot of yellow and orange enjoy.

Jan,29,2011

Jan, 30,2011

This Train had 809 axles BIG TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!.

basicbill

Slightly Less New Guy
Looks good, Gary. That long UP train with the Case combines rolled by me near Creston and then got held at DeKalb for hours for a re-crew. I also saw that westbound BNSF stacker with the DPU. Don't see that often on the Aurora sub. And I see that you climbed Mt. Steward again. Let's see how much more height you get after this week's snow. Good shot of the eastbound Amtrak with 2002 leading.

Bill

Gary38

Looks good, Gary. That long UP train with the Case combines rolled by me near Creston and then got held at DeKalb for hours for a re-crew. I also saw that westbound BNSF stacker with the DPU. Don't see that often on the Aurora sub. And I see that you climbed Mt. Steward again. Let's see how much more height you get after this week's snow. Good shot of the eastbound Amtrak with 2002 leading.

Bill
Thank you Bill, That UP train surprised me when I herd the detector say 809 axles WOW. This has been happening almost every day on this BNSF stack train running with a DPU. I hear you there about the snow. Yea you don't want to be out in that weather your video cameras might blow with the 50 MPH winds we are going to get. Yes that was a great catch I saw your video that was great stuff. I missed #5 because I thought it would come after dark but I blew that one I was in the shop at the park and saw the gates go down and there was #5 the first words out of my mouth Oh s#$t.
Great Work Gary! Amtrak with the 2002 is cool.

I caught the combine train in council Bluffs on Saturday Morning.
Thank you Brad, 2002 awesome unit to lead better than #5 Plain SD 70. That combine was a big train.
Good shots Gary. I saw the 720 just last week here in SE Texas.
Thank you Mark, These units get around.
hey gary where was that last picture taken at
South side of Rochelle on the new bridge that was built for the new industrial park. The road is called Steward or Richie rd.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.