Kansas City and Oreapolis

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Recently my GF and I went to KC for a weekend getaway. I had time each day to do a little railroad photography. KC was great because it was non stop trains every day!

Freight House Bridge behind Union Station

1. I was surprised to see this train.

Next day we went to a pedestrian bridge near the City Market

Back to the Freighthouse Bridge at Union Station

12. What is this! One of a kind UP 6361

Over at the fly over

Flyover from the WWI Memorial

Night time at the Freight House Bridge

Next Morning back at the WWI Memorial

19. The Schneider Train pass ing by another one of my stops, The Boulevard Brewery!

Then from the Previous Weekend at Oreapolis, NE

26. Finally a Light Power move on the Falls City Sub

stlgevo51

Steam Chaser
Nice job Brad! I'm going to KC in May to chase the 844, and the BNSF GP30s will be on my list of things to catch. Sometimes they run the train with freshly painted or ATSF painted SD40-2s, so it will be good with any of the power sets. What time did you see that train?

C

-chet

Wow!

Those cleaned up gp30s on that stacker are sure nice. Unique too.

I hope you slid over to Jack Stack. I just received a personal delivery of OK Joes last friday.

stlgevo51

Steam Chaser
Yes! Jack's Stack at the Freight House! What a great restaurant. Watch the endless parade of trains and eat a delicious meal of barbeque/steak. I can't wait to go back there next month!

Super, Superb, Love the night shots. I don't have to go out ever again now. TZ
Thanks Tom! I need to do more night shots around here, but I never find the time.

Awesome shots! Were the BNSF GP30's rebuilt? I assume so?
I will need to look at the origional photos, but I think the stencil on them said GP29-2. I know it was a "9" and not a "0"

Very nice photos! Awesome catch on the UP 6361, from the cars behind it, it's one of the regular trains I normally see thru here
I talked to another railfan down there and he said he had seen it down there from time to time.

Wow!

Those cleaned up gp30s on that stacker are sure nice. Unique too.

I hope you slid over to Jack Stack. I just received a personal delivery of OK Joes last friday.
Yes! Jack's Stack at the Freight House! What a great restaurant. Watch the endless parade of trains and eat a delicious meal of barbeque/steak. I can't wait to go back there next month!
We were going to go to Oklahoma Joe's but they were closed on Sunday so we went to Jack Stack's in the Freight house. The other option was Gate's.

UP Salina Sub

Railfanius Extremus
Thanks Tom! I need to do more night shots around here, but I never find the time.

I will need to look at the origional photos, but I think the stencil on them said GP29-2. I know it was a "9" and not a "0"

I talked to another railfan down there and he said he had seen it down there from time to time.

We were going to go to Oklahoma Joe's but they were closed on Sunday so we went to Jack Stack's in the Freight house. The other option was Gate's.
The 6361 apparently went thru during the night,as I've not seen it, hopefully I will catch it next time :)

C

-chet

Yeah. Lots of BBQ places are closed on sunday. OK Joes and LC's included. Only Gates, Jack Stack and Bryants are open Sunday.

Best time to go to Joes is during Lent, on a Friday. You can walk right in without standing outside.

If you haven't already, try to make it to the American Royal on Friday night at Kemper.

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
Wow, excellent shots Brad! Especially nice on the UP 6361. Maybe that's a secret Heritage unit? :)
I've made the trek to Kauffman Stadium my fair share of times for baseball and it always seems like once you get close to the river that you see railroad elevated causeways and flyovers everywhere. Can't imagine what those bills tallied up to. Thanks for sharing!

Eastern Railfan

Ferroequineologist
A great series all around, but those first three shots as well as the night work are simply amazing. They go beyond the realm of simply railroad photography. They are most definitely art. Well done!

Like everyone else said, excellent shots Brad. That Western Auto sign has been there for years. I've seen photos taken in the '60's and it was there then.

Nice shots Brad! That coal train with 6361, like Jeff said must've snuck through my area over night. Maybe I can catch it this weekend and get, shots that don't even compare to these!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.