Hudson Bay Railway-Montgomery, IL

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Spotted this train totally by chance. I was driving into Aurora from Oswego (doing some architectural photography) and saw this parked along the BNSF mainline. Lucked out and was able to pull over into a frontage road and take a couple of photos.

1.) Lead engines, HBR 5008 and 5009.
2.) The third engine, Illinois Railway 3500
3.) I processed this shot of 5008 to look kind of old, but don't think I quite succeeded.

And finally, an unrelated but still interesting photo. This is the old CB&Q station in Aurora, Illinois. It hosted commuter trains into Chicago as well as Burlington and Amtrak intercity trains, until it was closed in the 1980's. It has since sat unused and unrestored. It's considered a landmark building, but also a sign of urban blight in the city of Aurora (which has a fairly large downtown area by suburban standards). Anyway, I thought this shot of the old station, with a modern Amtrak train going by on the mainline, to be poignant in it's way.

4.) Former CB&Q station in Aurora, Illinois

-Doug

MP36er

Spelling DOES count.
After the recession, a new development should be built at the site of the former Aurora Depot and station tracks, including a renovation of the station and building of new platforms.

http://www.shodeenhomes.com/Future/EastBank.asp

With the old station back on the mainline, Aurora could once again host Amtrak trains, and it would be a first step to extending Metra service to Plano.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com