Horicon, Byron Hill, and Slinger

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
A little while ago my computer took a crap on me, but I finally have it fixed and am able to post pictures again. Last Saturday I decided to take a road trip, so I headed south of Stevens Point to see what was around Horicon, Byron Hill, and Slinger. Here are my results....

Horicon

Since this is a RS2, I decided to research it a little to find it lineage, from what I found, this is the last surviving RS2 from the Green Bay Western, it was GBW #303.

A Wisconsin Southern SD20 on a dead line.

I was just surprised to see a semiphore in 2011.:eek:

Byron Hill

A loaded CN taconite train on Byron Hill.

The long string of ore jennies.

A mixed frieght headed by a BC Rail unit and a SD60F.

Slinger

I chased the BC Rail unit down to Slinger, to get a shot of it there.

the last time i saw that RS2 was at the old tower automotive complex in milwaukee. also have you ever been down to duplainville where the CP and the CN cross each other

the last time i saw that RS2 was at the old tower automotive complex in milwaukee. also have you ever been down to duplainville where the CP and the CN cross each other
Thanks for the compliment! No, I haven't been to Duplainville yet. When I journey south again I might try to make it there. Or just set a day aside and go there and stay all day. When was that RS2 at the auto. complex?

Brad in Omaha, thanks! I know, I'd love to see it in GBW paint, or even better operational.

Gary, thanks! :D Now I just hope I can keep it up with the good shots. I shot them with out that polarizer so maybe that has been what has been screwing me up.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.