Help identifying old piece of railroad signage

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

bgbainbridge

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what this is? I thought it was a switch signal but google photos didn't seem to have anything similar under that term. The wife isn't a big fan and would be happy if it was gone, is it worth anything?
Base says "Railroad Products Co, Cincinnati Ohio USA"
thanks for the help
RR.jpg

As Bruce said, it is a switch stand. They're worth a little to collectors, but generally not enough to ship. I am, coincidentally, looking to buy one, so if you're near-ish to Seattle let me know!

Thanks for the help gentlemen. The switch stand is in central Illinois, I always enjoy a good road trip but I think Seattle may be too far.

As Bruce said, it is a switch stand. They're worth a little to collectors, but generally not enough to ship. I am, coincidentally, looking to buy one, so if you're near-ish to Seattle let me know!

Contact A&K Materials in Puyallup and tell them you're looking for a junker for a lawn ornament. They may happen across one at some point.

Contact A&K Materials in Puyallup and tell them you're looking for a junker for a lawn ornament. They may happen across one at some point.
That's a good idea Bob. My contact at A&K quit, but I'm sure he could still give me a local contact.

Ed, I haven't called there in a long time, usually deal with SLC, but it's small and they'll know who you need to talk to. Option B is Harmer Steel in Portland, they'll have a better selection and can probably find exactly what you're looking for.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back