Help!!!!! I am clueless!!!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

guys!! I am desperately tryin to find out additional info on my antique white wooded reefer rail car door it has a unique 4 point functioning brass or bronze latch/locking mechanism that was left over from there mining era here in Colorado. Before I dismantled it for some random DIY project I thought it prudent to find out

There are more photos in the railroadindiana sell buy and trade forum. I am having technical difficulties with my phone. Sorry I thought it uploaded photos with the post there also. Thank you. I am new and trying to get my feet wet but instead I think I could be drowning.
Oh also the door has on it in Roman numerals 10,11,12, on far left vertical board
The corresponding side 13,14,15. I don't know if this is significant or helps any. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm speculating that what you have there is a movable bulkhead used to stablize a partial load so a stack of produce would not shift enroute. It's an interesting mechanism judging by the pictures in the other thread. Perhaps a railroad museum would be interested in owning it.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com