Hello from Boston

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Rick A

I'm new to the board and have become interested the history of trains through researching the Ashton Valve company. The company was started in 1871 by my ancestor Henry G. Ashton who invented a pop safety valve which went a long way towards boiler safety. Although his safety valve wasn't the first invented , it was the first that really worked and the company became a staple in the Railroad supply industry. I've been researching the company for the past 3 years. I look forward to hearing from any of you that might be familiar with Ashton safety valves or gauges.

Attachments

• IMG_20190412_171320.jpg
    IMG_20190412_171320.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 282
Welcome aboard also... :) Feel free to "pop off" questions any time. :rolleyes: Also, nice to have train blood in the family history too... Good luck with your search. Also, look in the Steam section of this forum for more info and I think, (it's been a long time) that Bob has an all steam forum also. (BTW, that it's been a long time comment was regarding the forum and not my thinking...) :oops:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back