Greenwich, NY abandonned tracks

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

CS641

Tennessee Pass Groupie
A few weeks back I was in Greenwich, NY for work and came accross an abandonned set of tracks. They are paved over right at the river and there is a switch next to the road. Looks like maybe this went to some sort of factory or car ferry maybe. According to the map they go on into town quite a ways and meet up with another track.

Can anybody tell me what railroad operated these tracks and when they went out of service?

Thanks!

It depends where in Greenwhich you were i think. It was probably the Battenkill Railroad which used to operate the tracks. Today they interchange with DH/CP Rail. Youd be surprised which parts of track are actually used and not abandoned though. Itd be pretty neat if you had the oppurtunity to railfan there, they use a duo of RS-2s or RS-3s, i dont remember. Not to mention fishing in the Battenkill is supposed to be great.

CS641

Tennessee Pass Groupie
I was near post office rd if that helps any, did not see a post office there. BIG steel grate bridge that the DOT is repairing just up the street. Where I came accross the tracks they were paved over but going off into the woods the line looked good for what I thought was abandonned.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.