GorgeRail 2014 Canceled

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

pmpete

Got RAW?
The Decision.
After great consideration the GorgeRail Team has decided go on Hiatus for 2014. We fully hope that we can resume next year having GorgeRail again in 2015.
Why stop after three good years?
To continue to have the technical quality of shows we need to ensure good attendance to cover cost of the facility and equipment rental we have no sponsor to underwrite a loss. Getting good presentations to fill the line up as with the previous hiatus continues to be a challenge to round em up. Maybe we need to look at Bi-yearly Events. We did not have enough commitments for a complete entertaining show this year.
The down economy continues to challenge staff members and patrons contrary to what the POTUS said this week about the health of the economy.
Why did we not partner with Mount Rainier Scenic this year?
Listening your feedback the event was too far from the essence of GorgeRail which is going to a photo show and shooting in the Scenic Columbia River Gorge. Perhaps there is not as much overlap in interest in historic steam engines and contemporary mainline railroading as I suspected.
MRSR's Big Steam weekend being scheduled for the same weekend is not the reason for no GR2014, I repeat lack of shows is fundamental along with other previously mentioned challenges.
Please post on this page or message a staff member any thoughts about building towards a solid show again in 2015. Everything is open for discussion such as date, location and associated events. Most importantly interesting shows from travels or historical material proposals we would love to hear about.
May God Bless all of you down the tracks this next year.
Paul Petersen
January 30, 2014

I would love to attend Gorge Rail. Here's my situation. I work 6 days a week, including Saturday. Any chance there could be some SUnday activity/presentations? I dont recall all the details of last year's event. Wonder if you could do daytime railfan adventures and then evening presentations? (if you're not already doing that).
I love railfanning in the Gorge, would love to have someone show us how to get to some of the prime photography spots. I've done pretty well with just the wife and I. Anyways, that's my two cents.
Bruce/Salem.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back