Ghosts in Wellington, WA?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
oopsy! I have Just got to March 1st in the book :eek:. If I hadda said "trains" I would have been making more sense...Was wondering if the railroad finally leveled the town or was that the Forest Service's doing. I saw a rusty piece of rail sticking out of the bank above the creek when I visited.
As I recall my Washington State History, the Great Northern Ry Co changed the name of the place from Wellington to Tye, after a stream that was nearby, hoping that folks would forget. Exxon did the same thing with the Valdez, changing the name of the ship to Exxon Willmington, hoping folks would forget. Unfortunately, people like our friend Martin won't let us forget.:p

After the GN opened the 7.8 or so mile long tunnel in 1929, Tye (Wellington) was no longer needed, and it was torn down by the railroad, along with Scenic on the eastern end of the original tunnel. There is not much up there, any more.

I asked a friend if he wanted to go snowshoeing along the Old Goat Trail. He said, "No, the avalanche danger is too high."

It was one of those Homer Simpson "Doh" moments.:D

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.