Ghosts in Wellington, WA?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Unfortunately, this kind of publicity by our news outlets attracts dumbass kids with their bonfires, cases of beer, and spray cans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've talked to these folks. Had them over to the house as a matter of fact. They are interesting to say the least, but not as whacked out as you might think. They are definitely convinced they have seen ghosts of two small kids, a pair of men who walk together, a single guy that's usually pretty gruff, and another man who they have never seen a face.

That's about all I know.

Martin Burwash

Eh, bigfoot is more my thing. I wanna see one of them!
Ghosts are cool i guess, but to many nutjobs follow them, at least with bigfoot the majority of serious followers are some scientists.

Eh, bigfoot is more my thing. I wanna see one of them!
Ghosts are cool i guess, but to many nutjobs follow them, at least with bigfoot the majority of serious followers are some scientists.
Hey, come on over, I got "Harry" livin' in my house!! Bring some roses, he loves 'em!:p

Hard to get my mind over the huge amount of snow that broke off the mountain. Enough to destroy the town, which was presumed to be away from danger in the flat area.

Ummm..... it didn't destroy the town. Only buildings destroyed were the Motor Shed and a few old shacks in the same area. Even the coal chute further downgrade was spared. All the town buildings including Bailets Hotel, the station, etc were undamaged by the slide.

Martin Burwash

oopsy! I have Just got to March 1st in the book :eek:. If I hadda said "trains" I would have been making more sense...Was wondering if the railroad finally leveled the town or was that the Forest Service's doing. I saw a rusty piece of rail sticking out of the bank above the creek when I visited.

I used to have the big GN book that Wood did, and there was a really good pic that showed exactly where the slide came down. Gives me chills that it took out the exact spot where the trains sat.

Ghost busters

If this is the same team, they did an interesting piece on the old Northern State Hospital at Sedro Woolley and actually captured some pretty authentic images there. And anyone who knows anything of the history of NSH, there's a lot of ghostly history there! ;-)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.