Ferroequus 2100 in HO Brass

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
No, this isn't a late April Fools joke.

Broadway Limited is producing Reading 2100 in Ferroequus paint in HO. DCC with sound system. I know a lot of folks really like that paint scheme. ;) The product artwork makes it appear that they forget the ditch lights, another controversial feature. Those can easily be added though.

Funny how T1's seem to attract controversial paint schemes, 2101's Chessie Steam Special paint was also the subject of much debate, earning the nickname "T hog in a leisure suit"

http://www.broadway-limited.com/2141readingt14-8-4ferroequus2100paragon2sounddcdccho.aspx

PS - Don't bother showing up in Tualatin, OR looking for the Golden Pacific, she's still parked in Pasco, WA.

does it have the oil tank in the tender coal bunker I can't tell

But that would be easy to model too along with the storage boxes under the tender and ditch lights on the tender too

No, this isn't a late April Fools joke.

PS - Don't bother showing up in Tualatin, OR looking for the Golden Pacific, she's still parked in Pasco, WA.
Actually its sitting in Richland, WA. TCRY moved it off the beaten path but still in sad shape, weather beaten, vandalized, but at least no graffitti.

"modeled as #2100 is seen today" Where is the auxilliary tender, broken windows...not alot of excursion runs for the last three years!

PS - It not brass just ABS plastic and diecast chassis.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
Yeah, I meant Richland, she never was in Pasco. Those three towns sort of blend together for me if I'm not careful about which one is which.

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
Does it come with the F-40 helper to get it over any grade more than 2 percent?
Beats me why anyone would want one. I sure wouldn’t and I rode behind her painted like that!

Too bad 2100 ever left St Thomas after it was restored. It looked hideous in that Ferroequus getup but at least it was cared for. And it could sit in St Thomas unused but displayable at the RR Museum there with some dignity.

Yech. I'd rather see it stuffed and mounted by an East Coast group whom likes the Reading. Get rid of those ditch lights, and seeing eyeball on the head end.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.