experimental podcast made up of train sounds

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

shekky

F-55 P-55
boy, it's been a long time since i posted anything here!

enjoy this three hour recording i made for my radio show at san francisco community radio (http://savekusf.org/) back in october of last year. it's made of audio i recorded from youtube videos of SP trains traversing colorado's tennessee pass route in the early eighties, a westbound NS freight on norfolk southern's peavine between portsmouth and cincinnati and a bunch of trains running up and down the donner pass. in addition to the train audio, you'll hear dispatcher 74 in omaha talking to trains and issuing track warrants throughout the entire recording.

it was recorded using software called virtual dj home along with audacity and edited using fission. you can hear that some of individual tracks are pitched up and down, which makes for an interesting listen.

if you like it, i'd download the show because it'll only be up until saturday at the latest. otherwise, PM me and i'll see what i can do to get you a copy.

http://savekusf.podomatic.com/entry/2015-08-21T22_15_02-07_00

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back