Empty tracks

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

A sundown picture i want to get someday occurs every year over an empty track in Hanlontown , Iowa.
It is during Sundown Days in early June to celebrate the sun setting directly over the Union Pacific ex CNW line to Fairmont, Minnesota.
I grew up 20 miles from there but of course it took moving away to realize there was such a thing. :D

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
hmm maybe i will have to go over there when i go to Sioux Falls next time, see if i can find the spot you are talking about

WhoWantsTrained

Train Loving Pilot
Hey everyone, just discovered your forum a few days ago and have been reading and lurking for hours on end since. I am a very amateur photographer but an All-Pro train lover. I was bit by the bug since birth and still have to watch a train as it goes by to this day.

The following is some foreign railfanning from St. Souplet, France taken this May. A very little used track leading to a factory that I think was shut down. There is a unit sitting there but I don't think it's moved in years as the track and crossing guards were worn and very overgrown.

Just outside of New Orleans,

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
Cool stuff Rail Ohio.

I take track photos as well because what you think that is here today will be there forever might not. It's a refreshing break from the same old generic 3/4 wedge shots over and over.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.