Empty tracks

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
Tracks with no trains?

Well notmuch to say but I look at empty track as worthy pictures. I quess i am just an odd duck. If you have any Pic like these please feel free to add them.

Cavour, SD sunrise on the DM&E

LOL, I am old and forgot where this is. I think it is Waterloo, IN on the NS

Yale, SD on the dormant DM&E spur. Stops at the elevator in back ground.

Willow Lake, SD. look to the left is the old Willow lake Depot.

Very nice!

Here's Rogue River, Oregon, in 1992, then still part of the SP Siskiyou Line:

Construction of the expanded streetcar line on NW 10th Avenue in the Pearl District of Portland, Oregon. Fancy trackwork was needed to negotiate the sharp corner at NW 10th & Lovejoy. The old SP&S Hoyt St. Roundhouse (where ex-SP 4449 was rebuilt in the 1970s) stood just a few feet to the left of where this photo was taken.

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
here are some pictures of the rail yard in Huron, SD. for what ever reason it is very empty the last few days. Maybe 100 cars in the entire yard. The rail yard is in the center of town pretty much and it is broken up by two major streets Dakota Ave on the East end and Lincoln Ave in the middle of the yard.

Lincoln Ave, looking West

Lincoln Ave, looking East

Dakota Ave, looking West

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
Taken this past June while working between Bieber and Lookout, CA on the Gateway sub.
This shot is looking south and Lookout is just about a mile or so north.

First Railroad Picture

I believe this was my first railroad picture, taken on Kodachrome in October of 1970. The location is MP 65.8, near Cooks, WA in the Columbia River Gorge on the old SP&S. Looking east. I think that is a dog on the tracks heading towards us.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great thread. There is something about train tracks, even with no train, which helps give atmosphere to a photo, or maybe the place in the photo. Hard to explain but anyway I like these!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com