E9, Rock Train, and More

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
E9, Rock Train, and More

1. E9s in Downtown Omaha

2. E9s in Downtown Omaha

3. E9s at 2nd Ave in Council Bluffs

4. E9s at 2nd Ave in Council Bluffs

5. E9s at 2nd Ave in Council Bluffs

6. E9s at 2nd Ave in Council Bluffs

7. BG getting a couple extra feet on a train coming up the 12th Street line

8. Said train on 12th street line

9. 8499 East

10. Here comes the rock Train!

11. 1658 - an newly rebuilt SD40N on the rock train

12. 1658 stencil

13. 1658

14. 1658

15. Here comes the E9s again, lit engine move

16. Probably my favorite of the day

17. Not only did the rock train come by, it dumped a load!

18. More Rock Train

Thanks Everyone!

Wonderful photos, but what is the point of having a GEVO lead the E units????
I heard that when its not leading the actual "Special" they put it on to Minimize the risk of Damage to the E9s. Aparently this was a one way Special and this train was just returing the cars back home.

A UP Employee told me that a lot of the time, the Executives will take the train out to the destination and then will fly back when they are done.

Nice work Brad, it good to see the SD40-2 hard at work. They did the same thing down here with the E9's put a freight unit on it pull it for both directions. Thanks for sharing.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.