Duluth/Superior

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Hello all,

This summer my cousin and I are thinking about heading up to Duluth/Superior to go to the Lake Superior Transportation Museum and to photograph some of the local rail action. Has anyone on rrforums been there or are from the area and could give me pointers or good spots to go? I would kinda like to get shots of the CN/DMIR taconite trains on and off the docks (I assume the docks are still there), and maybe some BNSF action.

Thanks!

Pick up a railfan guide book from the LRSM when you are there. That will get you the info you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey alco fan there is a spot just south of superior called saunders that is a good spot to see the CN go under the BNSF. There is a place off of highway 2 west of proctor called munger where the CN goes over the old DMIR. prokagama yard is off of Highway 105 west of superior and not far from there is Nopeming jct. where the CN comes onto the DMIR's tracks that heads to saunders. east of saunders is south itasca where the CN goes south on the old CNW tracks and north of there is the old CNW now UP yard. further south of suanders off of highway 35 is the old soo line bridge now being used by the BNSF. My dad and i used to railfan up there for a week if you have any other questions feel free to ask

kevin

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.