Covered Hoppers

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ex-CNW car,in Greenbriar reporting marks

NW Cement hopper

Southern Hopper

ex-ATW

Not an airflow, but really close.

ex-BN

ex-TCAX

Up Close

Southern Pacific

Holy Rustbuckets!

First Soo i've seen outside of WI

FURX

Shack

No Bo's Ride My Train!
Here's an interesting BNSF hopper, wearing SP&S logos
I saw that and was like "what da hell?", so did some searching.

It seems BNSF is painting a series of covered hoppers with heritage logos on them. From what I was able to find out they have already done 7. Three for the GN -BNSF 477432, 477433, 489368, three for Frisco - BNSF 480539, 483110, 486742 and the SP&S - BNSF 482554.

Not many pictures out there yet but I did find two. http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p579/lasupport/IMAG0084.jpg
http://www.qstation.org/images/2403-0011_BNSF_Heritage_hoppers_Way_11-1-12.jpg

UP Salina Sub

Railfanius Extremus
When I saw it I said Holy #$%^, stopped, and got out of my truck and took the photo

Thanks for the info on the other cars, with all the grain trains I see going thru, chances are I will run across them sometime

RCH

Been Nothin' Since Frisco
There is at least one of the heritage hoppers with a green BN logo on it running around now. I had that car in my train in early December. I can't remember the number, though.

Here are the roadnames the cars will be painted for, three of each:

Great Northern
Spokane Portland & Seattle
Northern Pacific Railway
Frisco
Colorado & Southern
Burlington Route
Denver Road
Burlington Northern
Santa Fe

UP Salina Sub

Railfanius Extremus
There is at least one of the heritage hoppers with a green BN logo on it running around now. I had that car in my train in early December. I can't remember the number, though.

Here are the roadnames the cars will be painted for, three of each:

Great Northern
Spokane Portland & Seattle
Northern Pacific Railway
Frisco
Colorado & Southern
Burlington Route
Denver Road
Burlington Northern
Santa Fe
Thanks for the info!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com