Casting for a Railroad Superfan TV show

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

timfurlong

Varuna Entertainment
245 E. Olive Ave
Suite 500
Burbank, CA 91502

Railway Enthusiasts,

We’re looking for the most dedicated railway fans in America for a possible tv show on a national cable network.

If your drive to see and explore new trains is your life-affirming passion, and you are comfortable riding trains in all types of condition and weather, please contact:

casting@varunatv.com

We look forward to talking with you.

Thanks, Tim

Varuna Entertainment was established on one founding principle: inspired storytelling. The company has a special ability to identify unique characters and worlds as well as discover the hidden gems in the places and people that others may take for granted.

Varuna has successfully produced series for History, Country Music Television, Oxygen, TruTV, and Discovery networks. Recent series include TLC’s “Pawn Queens” and CMT’s “Trick My What with John Schneider”. Varuna delivered over 60 episodes of Country Music Television’s biggest hit ever, “Trick My Truck”, which still airs today.

Founded in 2000 by Al Bazzy, Varuna Entertainment is a full service production company that quickly became a trusted source of entertaining and compelling television. Vice President Rob Zazzali and Executive Producers Tim Furlong and John Griffin continue to develop visionary programming with unparalleled production value.

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
I'd think most serious train fans would run screaming form a concept like this.
So, you're most likely to find people who want those 15 minutes of fame and will tell you whatever you wanna hear to get on TV.
I've done TV but not being exploited for it. I've done CNN and the History Channel as a 'talking head' for subjects I know well. I wouldn't touch a concept like this with a ten foot pole...

April

Reality escapee
I'd think most serious train fans would run screaming form a concept like this.
So, you're most likely to find people who want those 15 minutes of fame and will tell you whatever you wanna hear to get on TV.
I've done TV but not being exploited for it. I've done CNN and the History Channel as a 'talking head' for subjects I know well. I wouldn't touch a concept like this with a ten foot pole...

Yeah. Considering how fake and scripted some of these so-called "reality" shows have turned out.

No thanks.

April

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)