Cascadia on wheels. (Skykomish, WA)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
The hotel will be moved for more cleanup, they are working their way up towards the hotel, once the cleanup is done and the hotel is put back in place, the hotel will be back in business.
It's like the other hotel, they moved it, cleaned up the contaminated soils then they put the hotel back to it's original spot.

Wow, been there a few times! :D Will it ever be the same though?:eek:

RailroadJeep

The Herder Himself
Well I guess that shoot's down my plan's of heading up there on my weekend... :( Of course I could still go, just minus the deliciousness of the Cascadia.

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
I took a last pic of the hotel last Sunday. The sign was of course still in place. Let hope it opens again soon. The food was always so good, and they use to be 1 of 2 hotels in town. Now there is no lodging in Sky.

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
They took the sign to a shop or garage east of town across from the airfield and next to the DOT yard, looks like they are going to refurbish it.

They're using the Sky River Inn site to store buildings.:( Few options for food in Sky these days. The little deli over on Hwy 2 does make good sandwiches. ;)Also, the restaurant on the north side of 2 at the Jct is being remodeled - maybe a new eatery?:D

Also, is BNSF planning to relocate the main and siding as part of the clean up?:confused:

They're using the Sky River Inn site to store buildings.:( Few options for food in Sky these days. The little deli over on Hwy 2 does make good sandwiches. ;)Also, the restaurant on the north side of 2 at the Jct is being remodeled - maybe a new eatery?:D

Also, is BNSF planning to relocate the main and siding as part of the clean up?:confused:
This image is from the Dept. of Ecology website. It shows the mainline being dug up by 2012.

This image is from the Dept. of Ecology website. It shows the mainline being dug up by 2012.
Thanks for posting this plan. It'll be interesting to see how the rearrange things for this phase of the work. Two years ago the contractor drove 20' steel sheet piles along the length of the grey area on the north ( town ) side of the main. I'm assuming that was to stop the flow of pollutants from the former roundhouse site. Photo shows the work being done in front of the Cascadia on 9/30/08.

SDP45

Abandoned line seeker
I know they stopped fueling at Wenatchee some time ago, because of fuel getting into the ground, much like in Sky, and the fueling pad being so close to the river.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.