Carmen, What is it?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

It is under a ACF centerflow hopper used to transport plastic pellets. It appears to be connected to the air system. The lever is resting on the truck frame and the valve and actuator are attached to the car. Anti-sway indicator or does it apply brakes or it may dampen the sway action? I know that in the days before vented hatch covers, if you were walking on top of the car you could get it to rock from side to side, so maybe it doesn't take a lot of force to dampen the motion. Tom

What Is It.jpg

Chris de Vries

"They fixed these cars?"
Looks like a load/empty sensor for when the brakes are applied.

These things are a great benefit as they can limit the amount of air put into the cylinder during heavy brake applications. Wheels are a lot less likely to skid with these, when they are working properly is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to