Camera/Tripod Shaking! How can I fix it?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

I think it's the camera. Is there a vibration reduction setting(VR on a Nikon). The ground shakes a bunch when a train goes by. Also I can hear the wind blowing, all of which are vibration factors. To test you could shorten the legs and try another video or dig the feet down in the ground a bit. The other thing is to hang something heavy towards the bottom of the tripod to hold the feet solid. You could drill a 1/4 hole in the roof of the car and bolt the camera to the car, no no that's too extreme. Tom

kenw

5th Generation Texian
It appears to be wind or vibration from the passing train. Vibration you won't be able to do much about other than move away more unless you have vibration reduction as Tom mentioned (Nikon VR or Canon IS are examples). For wind, the simple solution is to hang a weight (backpack, etc) from the tripod.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com