BNSF's Panhandle Sub

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

EMDGP30

Got these today while waiting in Miami, TX for MofW equipment to arrive.

Lead unit on eastbound COFC/TOFC; bad paint or she has been working hard!
file (1).png

file1 (1).png

Still pretty even with the BNSF sticker under the road number!

Got these yesterday
Westbound light power move
file.png

10 units on a eastbound intermodal
file1.png

Westbound at MP 482, west of Codman crossovers
file3.png

Attachments

• file3.png
    file3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
That 4579 looks like it was working hard and burned a bit. All nice catches.

Yes, it's been a long time for me... If anyone remembers. :)

Got a few more pics today
Caught a westbound local heading toward Amarillo; lead unit was built 11-1981 as ATSF 5175
IMG_2534.JPG

ATSF-5175-Amboy-CA.jpg

Became BNSF 6903
scan0027.jpg

Renumbered BNSF 1743
BNSF1743_David%20H.%20Anderson_2011_08_11.jpg

Middle unit was built 4-1981 as ATSF GP50 3834
GetAttachmentThumbnail

ATSF3834-1.jpg

Trailing unit was built 3-1978 as BN 8010
IMG_2536.JPG

1148-21.jpg

Became BNSF 8010 before being renumbered into her current road number
DSCN4730.jpg

Great pictures. I have a question about BNSF1741 & 1661, there is a flat platform looking thing over the cab windows I am not sure of. Is that something for the AC or like BNSF 1743, looks like antennas for remote operations or maybe DPU? I've been away from the tracks for a long time, I need to catch up to things... :)

Interesting... Thanks Bill, I wasn't sure about that, I don't believe I've seen them before until now. I would have thought something different for that function, but... :) Thanks again.

Solid set of CN power on a eastbound empty grain train
1557029061598.png

Unit train of steel rolls; train had a single GE on the point and 2 more GE's as rear end helpers.
1557029212442.png

1557029283931.png

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back