BNSF's Panhandle Sub

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Got these today while waiting in Miami, TX for MofW equipment to arrive.

Lead unit on eastbound COFC/TOFC; bad paint or she has been working hard!
file (1).png

file1 (1).png

Still pretty even with the BNSF sticker under the road number!

UP Scott

That 4579 looks like it was working hard and burned a bit. All nice catches.

Yes, it's been a long time for me... If anyone remembers. :)

Got a few more pics today
Caught a westbound local heading toward Amarillo; lead unit was built 11-1981 as ATSF 5175
IMG_2534.JPG

Became BNSF 6903

Renumbered BNSF 1743

Middle unit was built 4-1981 as ATSF GP50 3834

Trailing unit was built 3-1978 as BN 8010
IMG_2536.JPG

Became BNSF 8010 before being renumbered into her current road number

UP Scott

Great pictures. I have a question about BNSF1741 & 1661, there is a flat platform looking thing over the cab windows I am not sure of. Is that something for the AC or like BNSF 1743, looks like antennas for remote operations or maybe DPU? I've been away from the tracks for a long time, I need to catch up to things... :)

UP Scott

Interesting... Thanks Bill, I wasn't sure about that, I don't believe I've seen them before until now. I would have thought something different for that function, but... :) Thanks again.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com