BNSF Creston Sub Feb 11, 2010

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Spent the day at Louisville, Cedar Creek and Cullom Nebraska. 14 Trains in 6 hours. Day was cloudy with a little sun halfway peeking through the clouds once in a while. Temp in the high 20's. While standing in Cedar Creek you could here the trains on the Omaha line and the trains whistling in Louisville about 5 miles away. A very pleasant day. First 4 at Louisville. Tom Z

Next in line at Louisville. 2nd shot not technically a meet as the standing train is crewless. 3rd and fourth shot are westbounds at Cedar Creek. Only 3 east bounders out of the 14 trains.

papio

Nice shots Tom. It's too bad the economy has put the kibosh on Ash Grove's operations, their parking lot is an ideal place to get shots-now they don't plow it:(

Ashgrove

Nice shots Tom. It's too bad the economy has put the kibosh on Ash Grove's operations, their parking lot is an ideal place to get shots-now they don't plow it:(
I agree, Ed, the parking lot should be plowed so we can photograph from there. Bring your shovel next time you go and take care of that for the rest of us. I was there on a Sunday last month and It was Odd not to hear the "HUM" from the electric furnaces.

My favorite photo from the same day is of the 6406 at the crossing at Cedar Creek. I was on the other side of the tracks from Tom.

Nice shots Tom. It's too bad the economy has put the kibosh on Ash Grove's operations(
When I was working the YNEB 412 local a couple of years ago, Ash Grove was going full tilt. It wasn't uncommon to bring in 15-25 cement hoppers each night, then sit there for a while for the endless stream of coal trains.

Nice work on the photos!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.