Berlin, DE

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Had a trip for training in Berlin last week and grabbed a few shots of the action there. I was staying in Geshund Brunnin next door to a major station complex served by both the S-Bahn suburban commuter lines and the S ring line around the city. DB also serves the station with intercity and regional trains. Finally underground it the U-Bahn line (Subway) to the inner city area of Alexanderplatz.
Being a center of commerce a large shopping mall was built next/on top of the station.

The rail network is an amazing complex of over/under and crossing lines to the stations platforms. Consisting of both third rail electrified commuter trains and overhead cantenary for the intercity trains.

ICE (bullet) train pausing at the station.

Diverging routes on the east side of the station, rather amazing complex.

Badestrasse commuter station on other north end of track complex.

Downtown near the Reichstag is the new Haptbahnhof main station.

Pottsdammer Platz S-Bahn station. Near Sony center a modern down town center.

Only non electric train I saw the entire week.

Paul

Thanks for the nice pictures of early spring in Berlin. I especially like the picture of Badestrasse Station- nice architecture and different modes of rail transport in the same frame.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com