Bellingham Sub & DMU's

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
I'm working with a group that wants to restore the 1909 Blaine Stn and another group embarking on a study of DMU service to Everett. When asking BNSF the height limits along the way, they required $1000 for an answer for US Railcar bilevels (19'11"). I've been told the chuckanut tunnels are shorter than this.
Anyone have a cheaper answer for me?
Mike Skehan, All Aboard WA

Macster

Only known as Mac
I'm working with a group that wants to restore the 1909 Blaine Stn and another group embarking on a study of DMU service to Everett. When asking BNSF the height limits along the way, they required $1000 for an answer for US Railcar bilevels (19'11"). I've been told the chuckanut tunnels are shorter than this.
If Superliners can fit, that is what you should base off.

Honestly though, it would be better/cheaper to look at the Aero DMU instead of bi-levels... Cheaper, faster acceleration, no tunnel logistics.

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
$1K?? Man what did they have to do - go out and remeasure it? Does someone have a track chart with this info?

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
I'll go measure the ceiling clearance for you and you can pay me $1000.00:D
It will take less than an hour to get the height of the ceiling but it will be from the top of the rail to the ceiling.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.