Back at it

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

GreatUSRailfan

So after a few years off of the forum (not that I truly got started I guess), I'm back at it railfanning again. I got a Canon T3i for Christmas and after taking a photojournalism course in the Spring at UT, I'd figure I would try my luck with photographing trains.

As is my family's tradition, we go down to Brenham the day after Christmas and spend a few days visiting family there. It can be hit or miss with getting out to railfan, but we managed to get out for just a bit this year. We ended up going 2-for-2. The first one, a northbound empty coal train (I think), snuck up on us since Brenham is now a quiet zone. The second one came with a bit more warning thanks to the southbound signal.

We also made the short trek out west to Burton to take photos of the depot there. It's a shame those tracks are gone.

Here are a few of the photos I snapped over the weekend. For more on the trip, here's a blog post with all of the photos.

As I'm still learning, photo critiques and comments are welcome. Enjoy!

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back