Audio tapes to digital

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

April

Reality escapee
I have a couple cassettes I recorded in the mid-late 1980's of various trains passing by. Was wondering if there is a simple (and hopefully inexpensive) way to transfer the audio to digital form (to my computer).

(longs to hear Missouri Pacific/ex-Rock Island) GP38-2's horns again)

:)

April

I have a couple cassettes I recorded in the mid-late 1980's of various trains passing by. Was wondering if there is a simple (and hopefully inexpensive) way to transfer the audio to digital form (to my computer).

(longs to hear Missouri Pacific/ex-Rock Island) GP38-2's horns again)

:)

April
I recently picked up a USB tape to mp3 converter for approx $40.00 Canadian.

I checked online and Amazon carries it:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i:aps,k:Hype USB Tape to MP3 Converter&page=1

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
What kind of device do you have to play the cassette on?

If you're not looking for audiophile quality I have some under $10 solutions for you (line connection types -no mics).

I connected a cable from the headphones output on the cassette deck to the line in on my computer's audio card. I then used a free program downloaded from the internet, such as Freecorder, to record to the hard drive in MP3 format.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.