Attack of the Cyclops! Friday's Lunch Shot

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

kenw

5th Generation Texian
those SD60Ms are all over Texas. There has been a couple of pair running the locals out of Taylor lately.
I know what you mean. I've seen a lot of them lately, after they seemingly disappeared for awhile. Not sure why they've come back unless they've displaced some even older power now in storage. (The storage line at Houston's Englewood Yd is huge!).

Sometimes UP consolidates groups of engines in a single area for maintenance purposes, Houston seems to be the designated stuck-ee for a lot of old power. We held onto the B30s forever, just before they got sold off. I guess since we are close to the port, we can ship them off to PedroP that much quicker!:eek:

kenw

5th Generation Texian
thanx, Buddy. That pole is 1/2 of a shifted-load detector. There's another just like it on the other side. Anything sticking too far out from the side will trip it.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com