AMTRAK F40PH #243 on Wye in Lake Wales, FL

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

gg1electrice60

I photographed AMTRAK F40PH #243 on March 28, 2008 during a North American Railcar Owners Association Run between Lake Wales and Frostproof, Florida on On March 28, 2008 during a NARCOA Sponsored Speeder Run between Lake Wales & Frostproof, Florida. You can see the Photo at:
Someone suggested that this Locomotive might have been in a Movie and/or TV Show called: Prison Break ! Can anyone in Railroad Forums Confirm this ?

Dennis ( aka gg1electrice60 )

According to Wikipedia, Prison Break was a TV series that ran for a few seasons. I vaguely remember it but never watched it. Maybe another member was a fan and can help you.

Last edited:
I did find this? although this had #343 in the photo.

lxesS8r.jpg

https://www.heraldbanner.com/news/l...cle_69a6f8e6-7b72-5aab-a75e-7becbcca907d.html

Here is another one after the collision with the police cars. I did not want to post the photo as it is on railpictures.net with copyright of Jim Satterwhite this shows engine #343 also. The train hit the cruisers at 40 MPH.

View more details and photo here

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia, Prison Break was a TV series that ran for a few seasons. I vaguely remember it and never watched it. Maybe another member was a fan and can help you.
Thank You for verifying that, in Fact an AMTRAK Engine was used in a TV Series !
Dennis (aka: gg1electrice60)

Although the Number was wrong, it had the Big A N Lettering on the side of the Engine in the railpictures.net Picture , which absolutely Confirms that they used AMTRAK Engines, maybe they used more than one engine or else maybe the the Engine Number was Changed.

I'm a new member to these Forums, so I'm kind of poking around when I try to ask questions or post messages. Therefore I hope you can see my Reply ! Thank You very much for Helping me confirm that the Engine I saw in Lake Wales, Florida was in fact used used in the TV Series !

Now I can Update my Photograph on flickr™ !

Although the Number was wrong, it had the Big A N Lettering on the side of the Engine in the railpictures.net Picture , which absolutely Confirms that they used AMTRAK Engines, maybe they used more than one engine or else maybe the the Engine Number was Changed.

I'm a new member to these Forums, so I'm kind of poking around when I try to ask questions or post messages. Therefore I hope you can see my Reply ! Thank You very much for Helping me confirm that the Engine I saw in Lake Wales, Florida was in fact used used in the TV Series !

Now I can Update my Photograph on flickr™ ! SEE the BIG AN !

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back