ALL train control/signals and dispatching

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

D300

Looking over some photos and video shot in the cab of some ALL, in Brazil, locos I see what looks like a computer screen under the front windshield of the locomotive. The screen is not present on other railroads. It is difficult to see the display due to reflections but it looks like some type of dispatching screen.

Anyone here know what it is and how it works?

D300

Dick H

Looking over some photos and video shot in the cab of some ALL, in Brazil, locos I see what looks like a computer screen under the front windshield of the locomotive. The screen is not present on other railroads. It is difficult to see the display due to reflections but it looks like some type of dispatching screen.

D300
If it looks like this, it is an MDT (Mobile Data Terminal). These are in all our fire apparatus to receive and transmit data between fire vehicles and the dispatch center - also vehicle to vehicle.

D300
Hi,look, here in Argentina, ALL also operated a few months ago,( the sitema is still used, just that I meant that not ALL in Argentina and operates more) using the same system as in Brazil is the Trensat System. Is a system of satellital comunication, basically works as follows:

SATELLITE SYSTEM FOR TRAIN OPERATION
All locomotives have satellite equipment consisting of a Mobile Communications Terminal (MCT) consists of an external (C-Band Antenna with GPS receiver and integrated communication module) and a keyboard or terminal. (Fig. 1)

This communication system is the one that is provided to the system of government of the trains, which is detailed below:

This communication system is the one that is provided to the system of government of the trains, which is detailed below:

1.1. GOVERNANCE OF THE CIRCULATION OF THE TRAINS
The movement of trains in the whole area of the concession is controlled by the ACT System (Train Control Automation). This is a system based on satellite communications between the dispatch center and locomotives and art software that guarantees traffic conditions.

The railway network is sectioned into areas called "Lock Sections", which are well defined and georeferenced, thereby enabling the automatic positioning system (GPS) with that feature locomotives, checks the consistency between the information sent by the engineer and really sends the GPS (Global positioning System), alerting if not coincide. This ensures security significantly rail traffic.

Being a satellite communication between the mobile and the Operations Control Center (OCC) is guaranteed in 99% of all route of the railway and for 99% of the time, access to communications is immediate and system software can manage a large number of trains simultaneously.

The CCO is a schematic synoptic panel where the rail network with stations divided by locking sections which reflects the entire state of the movement of trains. This panel represents all the information needed by the OCC Dispatcher for rail traffic command, such as: prefix train, states track occupancy permits (licenses), admissions applications governed by ACT roads, rail deposited interruptions, employees schedule, etc..

The OCC Dispatcher has a control panel (computer) with user profiles and passwords, allowing you to direct the movement of trains in the area assigned.
The engineer in the locomotive has a Terminal-Board, which basically has a keyboard and display and is the means of communication between the crew on board and CCO, messages between them, are made by macros defined or free text messages , registered in the terminal being onboard the last 100 messages, which can be viewed and read by the engineer at any moment, this terminal has bright warning systems that alert the engineer sound when new messages arrive, unread messages, status satellite signal, etc..

I hope I helped with my small contribution.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com