All Time Favorite Photo

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
Well This might be an off the question but:

Can you pick a favorite photo?

If so I would like to see it. I don't care how old it is or when you took it. Just want to see it and why it is your favorite.

here is the hard part you can only post 1 photo.

UP Salina Sub

Railfanius Extremus
For Me, it has to be UP 1988, Miss Katy. Drove 25 miles on a hazy day in triple digit heat to catch it sitting outside of the Salina Ks yard.She was My first heritage unit catch

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyace777

Jack of no trades
Mine is definately the living legend UP 844 crossing the impressive Canadian River Trestle in Logan, NM on the UP Tucumcari Sub last November. My grandmother lived in Logan until she passed away in 2004 and I always wanted to catch a train on the trestle and UP 844 was the first one I happened to catch.

B_Kosanda

Outstanding In My Field
Cascade Sub Wait

This one is special to me because I waited almost 4 hours to see a train coming in the right direction at this location on the Cascade Sub in Oregon.

Bill

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
That is a awesome pic, did you get the rail flexing from the weight of the locomotive or was the tracks that out of shape? that a really awesome picture.

HDSDcouple

The Unwanted Line
Well i found my box of pictures. This isn't the best picture i have ever taken, put is one of my favorites. This one and the other one i can't find yet. Is my fovorite because I was young when i took it from around 86/87 and is one of the last railfanning days i did with my dad. Shortly after these pics i quess i figured i was to old to go look at trains with my dad. Stupid teenager years, i quess.

Anyhow this is at the norfolk westrern yard in New Haven, IN I think it was the summer of 1986. I shot this with a Pentax K-1000 and a Pentax 200MM lens. My 1st camera. no lessons, no idea, just a big camera at the time and figured out as i went.

sorry for the crappy quality, scanned it from a picture

BNSFEng

Locomotive Engineer!!!
I was out in Montana for the 2013 FOBNR convention and we were up on Mullan pass. Had to climb up to the top of the new cut for the tunnel to get this one. Awesome day.

RT0613S088.JPG

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com