Adventures at Ashland, NE

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
I recently got my first DSLR, so I headed down to my regular spot in Ashland, Nebraska to try it out. I found a Canadian Pacific AC4400CW on trailing on what I assume was an oil train. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. From what I heard it was siting there for most of the day. I feel bad for its crew.
1FF11716-C757-4D26-B507-6E4B11723AD8.jpeg
5D99BBD9-48F5-4124-84FA-6291BE04AE0B.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

The Omaha Posse picks up another member. Congratulations on the new dSLR and I hope to see many more of your photos here. I like the pattern of the bare branches above the two orange units in photo #2.

I went down to Ashland today to see if there was anything going on. I sat around for half an hour while this crew wrapped up doing trackwork, and then a westbound came through a little bit later.
DC7C97E2-397B-41EE-8E08-279B74F29A12.jpeg
B9F8BBA7-D5CE-4CC8-8ADE-B8A199AF0424.jpeg
530A3C42-6026-4B94-A92A-F65C3C02E3FA.jpeg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.