Additional ATCSMon Coverage on BNSF's Bellingham Sub!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
Those in the ATCS-Monitor Community,

About a month ago I was contacted by Jeff in Stanwood WA who mentioned interest in becoming a receiver site host. He purchased all his own equipment for the site and installed it last weekend. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with Gary Dunn last night who helped me configure my stream to accept the new site and as of this morning we are live.

From the first look it appears that we have MCP coverage from Bridge 37.0 north to Bow, then we skip Bellingham and pickup CP98.7 and Ferndale. Previously we only had coverage until English, so Jeff's efforts with Gary support are greatly appreciated - thank you both!!

I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be a little tuning of the beam antenna, but as you can see the coverage has been greatly increased.
Jeff's stream is combined with mine so you can continue to pickup all that's available for the Bellingham Sub on atcs-scenic.soundrail.com: 4800

I'd still love to find someone like Jeff north of Bow and better coverage is needed on the Scenic Sub between Everett Jct south to MP16, and then from Baring to Winton. Feel free to contact me if you have interest, its quite easy to become a host and it benifits the whole rail fan community.

You can download ATCSMon free after becoming a member of the Yahoo group:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ATCS_Monitor/

Enjoy,

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
I wish you had coverage from Auburn to Lester :D
That was before BNSF decided to close the pass indefinitely. We had a host who's a rail fan on here. A install date was set for last fall then they closed the pass. BTW - West side of Stampede is on the air to West Kanaskat, the rest is non-ATCSMon compatible.

OK Ross, I can only assume that the Kanasket coverage is spotty at best, given the lack of reliable signal indications there. It's wierd, I would think the same BCP transmitter would be setting the greens, but given the hit-or-miss nature of it, I guess not. I was thinking you were providing the Kanasket BCP info from your stream, but I guess its coming from Gary's stream.

Trackside

Plays Well With Others
I can pick up BCP's for Kanaskat and Lester from time to time from my house, but there was a gentlemen in Auburn who lives up on a hill who was going to become a host with Gary's help. Like I said about a week before the site was going to be set up BNSF closed the pass so the install was postponed.

MP 6.7

needs to get a life. ;)
If you include the Seattle Sub/Vancouver server you can somewhat reliably get Kanasket. Our Baw Faw receiver site southwest of Chehalis can kind of pick it up. It's pretty fringe but it does come through. Better than nothing, I suppose.

I can pick up BCP's for Kanaskat and Lester from time to time from my house, but there was a gentlemen in Auburn who lives up on a hill who was going to become a host with Gary's help. Like I said about a week before the site was going to be set up BNSF closed the pass so the install was postponed.
To cover this area a site in Covington is needed with a beam antenna pointing toward Lester. There is another possible site that is a hill top location that could improve Lester. One problem I have is that it is about a 300 mile round trip for me just to get into the area. This can be a real problem if there are radio/computer problems at a site. Look for it to come on line someday. In addition to the time and travel expenses it will require about $1000.00 in equipment to finish the Stampede sub. My money tree has not bloomed yet this year. :(

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA
KF7DGP

Has anyone noticed that the East & West Lester BCP/MCPs have disappeared from the Stampede ATCS? We used to at least hear the BCPs, now zilch for several days.

Has anyone noticed that the East & West Lester BCP/MCPs have disappeared from the Stampede ATCS? We used to at least hear the BCPs, now zilch for several days.

I think you are seeing the propagation change with the spring summer months? During some winter time weather conditions we receive the MCP signal from East Lester. The BCP signal for those locations comes from a tower location on the coast side. As suggested tuning in the feed for that area may help.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA
KF7DGP

Our host for the Stampede sub is working on a site to receive Lester. That will be addressed later this year I am told. The hope is to get MCP info for both east and west Lester.

I'm waiting to see what the railroad does with the sub before I proceed to find a host in Covington to finish the Stampede section.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA
KF7DGP

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com