69 Degrees in January!!!!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
I went to Council Bluffs to shoot some Omaha Skyline, and got a few trains on the way.

I didn't sit around so I missed a lot of trains! With the Blair Sub close, Omaha was busy.

1. GTW 5858 in the UP Pool Yard.

2. Old Rock Island car in the CN yard

Then I knocked out a few skylines before heading over to Omaha for some Night Shots.

3. Left to right - Postal Annex (Still has a mail rail car in the basement), Amtrak Platform, BNSF siding, BNSF main, UP main, UP Main, UP mow, UP Display track. UP transfer Backing UP the hill on the BNSF and a UP coming down the hill on the UP.

4. UP light power move comes across the river and kills its lights for the crew on the UP (ex mp) caboose, which is sitting on the BNSF main. The Caboose is just coming to a stop as I shot this, you can see a slight blur in it.

5. UP still waiting on the BNSF

6. Left, UP Manifest Heads over to Council Bluffs, Right, UP local backs down in to the BNSF Gibson Yard. This shot is actually 2 shots stacked in photoshop. Didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it. The reason I stacked it was just in case the loco was over exposed, I could still have one decent shot.

Like I said, I also shot some Skyline Shots tonight.

7. Park Wild

8. Park Wild

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
Amazing photos! Like Mark said, 70's and 80's here. I think I've only had to put on a long sleeve shirt a few times this year (besides for work).

Dippo

Nice shots Brad. It was 70 here in Oklahoma yesterday, I also got bit by a mosquito today... In February. What's the world coming to?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.