ac4400cw

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Battle scar

Battle scar

CP 8559 looks like your average CP AC4400CW, wearing a beaver and toasted, until you look at the front and see the right dithlight missing. Weather someone knocked it with a baseball bat or he hit a car, this AC4400CW came through to the shops and is now waiting for a spare. I didn't spot...
  2. CEFX 1054 trailing on this southbound intermodel

CEFX 1054 trailing on this southbound intermodel

CEFX 1054 trailing on this CP southbound Intermodel
  3. CEFX 1044 in  the lead

CEFX 1044 in the lead

CEFX 1044 in lead on this CP southbound Intermodel
  4. 07/07/07

07/07/07

A hot July day finds a CSX freight heading into the yard at Hamlet, North Carolina.
  5. Power hour

Power hour

The city of Saskatoon is located in potash country, meaning unit potash trains, and subsequent light power moves from the mines to the city, are a common site. Whenever possible CP likes to tag the potash power onto a manifest, in addition to wayfreight power (typycilally Geeps) which work grain...
  6. Q651

Q651

CSX train Q651 eases its way out of the Hamlet yard.
  7. Branchline potash

Branchline potash

Branchline trains are supose to be boring, powered by SD40-2's on their last leggs and GP38-2's. Then this snake shows up! 4AC4400CW's with a ~124 car potash train, likely 672 from Vancouver. Normally empties like him get 3 engines, but he got 4, and they're all facing the same direction, which...
  8. AC Quad

AC Quad

Four AC4400CW's: CP 8569-8516-CEFX 1059-CP 9600 lead a 125 car potash train. Ussually three AC4400CW/ES44AC's are on the train, and they're rarely running elephant style. An alternative view: http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/44912/cat/500/ppuser/3391
  9. Nightly Potash

Nightly Potash

We get many 124-140 potash trains through Saskatoon, most come through at night however. Although this one came before 4pm, it was getting dark outside already. I've caught the whole train on film, which will be posed on youtube in the near future, as well as more pictures (with artificial...
  10. Potash special

Potash special

CPR loves their potash trains on the PNL. Normally a 124-140 car set gets 3 AC4400CW/ES44AC engines for power. But you know they really mean service when 3 AC4400CW's are pulling 5 hoppers. That has got to be an amazing hp/tonnage ratio (especially since they're empties), and a new record for...
  11. CSX 22

CSX 22

This CSX train's journey is almost over as it prepares to enter the yard at Hamlet, North Carolina.
  12. Through the Ozarks

Through the Ozarks

When one thinks of mountain railroading, Arkansas isn't usually the first place that comes to mind. But, the Ozarks offer up some spectacular mountian railroading. Here, UP AC440OCW no. 6851 is heading through Cotter on the MP's former beautiful White River Line and part of the Missouri and...
  13. CP 9704 crosses the Wisconsin River

CP 9704 crosses the Wisconsin River

CP AC4400CW 9704 and CP SD40-2 6060 crosses over a frozen Wisconsin River at Wisconsin Dells.
  14. Autumn Sunrise

Autumn Sunrise

A beautiful autumn morning finds CSX train G960 rolling south through Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
  15. G960

G960

CSX grain train G960 has just left Rocky Mount and is heading south through Sharpsburg.
  16. GE Self-toasting

GE Self-toasting

While I've seen this many times, I've often not been unable to capture it, since the moment I take out the camera the smoking stops. This time I got lucky however. I was shooting brand new ES44AC, CP 8761 who is right in front of him, when all of a sudden he starts smoking. If you look really...
  17. CP local...

CP local...

I was sitting in the weeds for over an hour, waiting for this train to show up. Hearing that CP 9599 will be leading a non-numbered, i.e. local/extra/work train I got exited, knowing that CP likes to have one-unit wonders, often with a lone AC4400CW for power, leading a long train. When I saw a...
  18. Wild horses

Wild horses

Two AC4400CW's return home light on the PNL, entering Saskatoon on the edge of town. Believe it or not the crossing you see at the back is one of the towns most busiest streets, 8th street, yet it turns into a dirt road after passing CP's tracks. The hill you see on the right, where someone is...
  19. CPR potash

CPR potash

Looks like a lone ES44AC leading a 124car unit potash train. Yet if you look carefully towards the back of the train you can see a blue blur in between the sea of Canpotax cars. That's two CEFX AC4400CW's working mid-train.
  20. Fresh toast

Fresh toast

Just when the GEVO era was beggining and everyone learned that an AC4400CW was a toaster, CP made a daring move and ordered about 100 more including lessors (CEFX). Less then two years later and CP 9803 already looks a bit burned. I do like the color they paint them in though. I doubt the...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back