Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Columbia Basin SD9

Columbia Basin SD9

Former DMIR SD9, NP GP9 & ATSF GP7 now working elevators in Washington state.
  2. CN Detour

CN Detour

CN 302 with 8826, 8855 at Mile 33 is West of Grandview 3 Miles, along with a lone Pine Tree next to the tracks with 85 cars. East.
  3. 263 Through the Ski Resort

263 Through the Ski Resort

Past the Okemo Ski Resort...
  4. GMRC 263 East

GMRC 263 East

A very nice trestle along the Green Mountain's line between Rutland and Bellows Falls, VT.
  5. EJ&E 302

EJ&E 302

EJ&E SW1200 302 leads a local east through Joliet. The trailing engine is EJ&E 445, a SW1001.
  6. Last Day of the EJ&E

Last Day of the EJ&E

EJ&E SW1200 302 switches Joliet Yard on the final day of EJ&E operations. The SW1200s will probably not last very long with CN.
  7. Driver 8

Driver 8

...The Power Lines have Floaters so the Airplanes won't get snagged... CN 302 gets underway, as I attempt to leave the park.
  8. Poor patch job

Poor patch job

9. WC GP38-2

WC GP38-2

Ever since CN took over BC Rail and retired their RS18CAT fleet, WC GP38-2s had been heading west to feel the void. This one is heading back east however! I was suppose to catch it last winter on 357, but caught a blue-bird GT GP38-2 instead An ACR Geep ain't bad either - hard to believe they...
  10. Relocating

Relocating

To avoid trespassing and overgrown weeds, I decided to try shooting from a new location. Matching SD75s are always nice. It's just a shame I couldn't read the numbers.
  11. A Matching Pair

A Matching Pair

CN 5404 and 5409 lead the CN 302 today. Plenty of Autoracks! They took the hole for the CN 199.
  12. RARW #302

RARW #302

Raurs #302 in Butte, getting ready to take the Copper King express back to Anaconda.
  13. Rarus Geeps in Butte

Rarus Geeps in Butte

Rarus GP9 #302 & GP7 #301 head to the other end of the Copper King Express to get ready to head back to Anaconda.
  14. RARW GP7 #301 @ Butte

RARW GP7 #301 @ Butte

RARW #301 trails GP9 #302 at Butte as they get ready to pull the Copper King Express back towards Anaconda.
  15. Rarus Geeps at Butte

Rarus Geeps at Butte

RARW GP9 #302 (in the lead) & GP7 #301 make their way to the other end of the Copper King Express in order to get ready to head back to Anaconda.
  16. Rarus GP9 #302

Rarus GP9 #302

Rarus Railway GP9 #302 & GP7 #301 (not visible in this picture) get ready to couple up to the other end of the Copper King Express for the trip back to Anaconda. #302 is equipped with Dynamic braking & a Nathan/Airchime K5LA airhorn (not sure, but I don't think the K5 was its original horn)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back